Kia recalls 2014 Cadenza over wheel fractures

Kia is officially recalling just over 3,100 2014 Cadenza sedans.
From AB
Manufacturer: Kia Motors Corporation
SUMMARY: Kia Motors Corporation (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2014
Cadenza vehicles manufactured February 1, 2013, through August 27, 2013, and equipped with 19" non-chrome aluminum wheels. The wheels on the affected vehicles may fracture from impacts such as large, deep potholes.
CONSEQUENCE: A wheel fracture could cause the circular rim to separate, resulting in a loss of tire pressure, increasing the risk of a crash.
REMEDY: Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the wheels with new wheels, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in June 2014. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC107. View the attachments for this post at: http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p )2971888#292971888
On 6/20/2014 12:10 AM, MummyChunk wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I just called KIA and the bummer is that they are going to replace them with non-chrome aluminum wheels rather than chrome which look much better. I felt like we got screwed because we purchased early and never got the chrome wheels in the first place so this will be the last KIA for us unless they change their mind and replace with chrome.