Kia Plans New Billion Dollar Mexico Plant Near Border

ico/14699535/

"Kia noted that Mexico "imposes high tariffs on imported cars from Korea," so the Mexico factory allows it to escape the tariffs on cars made in the c ountry. Kia also said, "Mexico is well-known for its skilled, low-cost labo r force and numerous free trade agreements (such as NAFTA) with about 40 co untries."

The only problem I've with Kia is the long mileage warranty is not transfe rable when car is sold.

"NAFTA is the North American Free Trade Agreement that allows tariff-free p assage of goods within the U.S., Canada and Mexico"

I don't know how it is now, but VW bugs were very ubiquitous if not seen in Mexico mucho, though this was 14--25 years ago when I vacationed 2 or 3 times in the Cancun area.

I vaguely recall small yellow/green taxis were not Beatle VWs, but what mak es/brands were they?

I will guess Dodge/Plymouth: I think I recall automatic shift.

The first time I saw the Nissan compact square cars, I said the somehow look like milk delivery trucks in my childhood.

Honda and Toyota have "milk trucks" as does the SOUL, which I've come to like, but not when I first saw it.

Reply to
Robert Cohen