Borg Warner chain (pantelis)

People Hi,

The chain on my Borg Warner has started making weird noises. More specificaly when I lift the foot from the accelerator and the car is coasting at around 110 to 120 kph there is a strong growling noise coming from the transfer box. In addition the well known "clonk" from D to R is getting stronger.

Fellow owners have suggested that the problem must be due to slack in the chain inside the Borg Warner.

A small research suggests the following:

  1. New part costs 423 pounds as a genuine LR spare part (part number RTC6041)
  2. The same part can be found at around 150 pounds in the free trade.
  3. Borg Warner quotes the following part number and specs for this chain " .5033 X 2RJ, HV049, 13-61-143-001 -BW13-61 Land Rover RTC6041"

Does anyone know of a source that can better the 150 pounds price?

Richard can we do something about it?

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos