Checquerplate

I don't go a bundle on chequerplate for the exterior, nasty shiny attention attracting stuff, but does anyone know if it is available as a replacement for the even nastier vinyl on hardboard trim panels for the rear of a station wagon also the floor area,

Reply to
Larry

"Larry" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

I called in at my local sheet metal shop the other day for some for the inside of the rear door of a hard top 300Tdi. He showed me a spare piece of mini-chequer plate, i.e. same pattern but about half the size "chequers". I took it!

A mate has just put chequer plate on the wings of his 110. He got over the glaring metal look but having them primed with aluminium primer, then sprayed matt black. Looks pretty good, too, on MOD camouflage and ought to last. I think anodising is also possible but don't know about costs. Just a thought. Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Dont forget you can get Black cheuqer plate too

Have a look through the mags and ring the suppliers they should be able to quote its not as bright or shiny as the silver

Paul

Reply to
Paul Henry

Try

Spencer

Reply to
Spencer

Pure genius!

Reply to
SimonJ

In my experience silver ally chequer doesnt stay shiny for long if you dont was the vehicle much!, both my 101 roof and the 2A's wings have it on, and since they only get washed very rarely its not shiney now!.

Even if i wash them it needs a good polishing to make it shine. My mate did one of my wing tops once and it dazzled me when the sun came out!

Reply to
Tom Woods