Christmas wish list

And now a public service announcement what do we all want under the tree for christmas ?

if we run a line of------ under the messages it can be highlighted printed out and hidden somewhere where it can be found by the 'sponsors' less this bit of course.Oi and no world peace or the big piece out of the Corrs - neither are available at machine mart

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I could really use an air nibbler after cutting a 28 inch long plate of 1.2 mm steel with a hand jo* er handtool its just too much to do unpowered I may never play the piano again. Derek

Reply to
Derek

If you cant stretch to an air nibbler then the nibblers that go in the end of a drill are an improvement over the manual cutting methods.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Drill nibbler works well though I forget the max depth nibble. I've used mine many a time....

I'd like some books I think, that one a while ago I mentioned and perhaphs a Ray Mears stylie one. Toys wise something like some nice meters, Water Temp, Oil Temp for Morph. That would see me a happy pixie for luxury desires.

Some Spud Cannon materials... I'd really like to build a f*ck off spud cannon, mount it on Morph and take it down the range and show the boys at work what a real gun looks like....

course.. I got my 101 at Chrimbo so it's only fair that anyone trying to resist any such temptation should not look at this for instance...

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

No worries in that respect I know where I can get a verrry nice nibbler for about 18 squid, not top of the range but good enough for my purposes almost identical to

excepting the sticker.Odd the drill end ones are more expensive at MM, although they cut thicker gauge metal they look ugly and frail I suppose I could even get a shear. Trouble is I get toybox syndrome when I get near a dealer the 'Snap On' and 'Mac' tool vans give me a rash around the wallet area . For example I have an airline tyre inflator but its too short to go inside the wheel trim on the scooby it annoys the hell out of me. I really want one like I had at the garage
is plain daft for home use so I compromised and (tonite) bought an adapter which either screws onto my gauge or I have to cannabalise the lot
(still no snow in Timperley)

Reply to
Derek

You could try this one. It's cheap enough and looks quite good.

90ninety

In my experience the machine mart ones are stronger (I broke the die on my frost one almost straight away)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I'll vouch for the nibbler, 1.2 is on the limit of some though. I've noticed different max guages stated on different cutters.

I got one from Machine Mart and it works fine. Worked better with a slow speed and good battery in the drill though :) I'd have used mains drill but was cutting circles and cord got in way. Machine Mart one came with spare cutters as well. Helped me to have assistant to add some oil I cut. I also got some drill holders so the whole lot can be clamped in vice and the metal fed into the cutter.

I was chatting with trade stands at Classic Car show at NEC about them. Apparently some cut on the pull stroke and some cut on the push. Not unknown for the "push" ones to snap off. I think that the ones that push can snap the mandrel guide and make the whole thing useless whereas the ones that cut on the pull may snap the cutter, not so bad if you get spare cutters. I haven;t broken anything... yet

All the best

Reply to
wayne

perhaps thats the difference between the machine mart and frost ones which explains why i broke the die on the frost one straight away?

They both came with spare cutters.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I want the plane to be on time as we are feckin' off to Barbados on Christmas day for a week!!!

;~)

Reply to
Nige

A set of parabolics will do me nicely

Reply to
Larry

It was a couple of years back at the NEC, nice to chat with the guys doing the demo's and the trade stands. Pity they can't always offer good discounts, bit like Billing etc. The prices nare hardly better than normal. Must be the fee they have to pay to display.

The Motorcycle Show was on in other halls so got to have a mooch there. It was sponsored by The Sun so you can imagine the target audience :)

Girls on the Kawasaki stand were nice though, mined ewe, we had a some eye candy of our own on the EMLRA stand:

All the best

Reply to
wayne

I'll second that, and add an Air Rivet Gun as well.......

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:42:58 +0000, Alex enlightened us thusly:

Just bought an air impact gun. I'll be trying it on bottom damper nuts in a bit...

Reply to
Austin Shackles