okay, new disco list of faults!

Drove it home yesterday, 300 tdi ES.

It wasn't a great price for nothing.

No wheel spanner and jacking rods. Cruise control doesn't work Tacho doesn't work Front electric sun roof very clunky Rear electric sunroof operates on its own and fails to close until about ten attempts. And very clunky. Cigar lighter doesn't work No right channel from CD autochanger Button missing off radio Front doors don't operate interior light. Visor mirror lights don't work on drivers side.

Looks like I need to find an auto-electrician!

On the plus side I got 30mpg on the trip.

Reply to
tiscali

On or around Sun, 4 Feb 2007 17:21:58 -0000, "tiscali" enlightened us thusly:

check connections to the alternator. might be an iffy alternator, though.

fuse? or do you mean the lighter itself, not the socket? sometimes the bimetal bit at the bottom needs bending a bit, but make sure it's not live when you poke a screwdriver down it for this purpose.

only the CD, or all the audio?

normally sticky/corroded pillar switches, clean or replace.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Seems to be a wire with a connector hanging loose at the back of alternator. Alternator seems to be charging battery. Wonder if I should find an alternator terminal for the wire and plug it in?

Not sure which bits broken. If fuse has gone what else won't work? I'll try an accessory and see if it works.

Only cd, radio is fine

Yeah, new switches required I guess.

Reply to
tiscali

Where can I get a Disco Jack handle/wheel brace set?

And a rear door tray?

Reply to
tiscali

Usually plenty of stuff like that on eBay.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

It may require the ignition to be switched on. Similar vintage of RRC does.

Reply to
Dougal

I know this is stating the stupidly obvious but you have checked under the rear seat?

Lee

Reply to
Dr_D

So there's nothing actually wrong with it then ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamends

Er......yeah....thats where they are stowed! The hydraulic jack is there under the bonnet, but no wheel changing tools in the cab.

Reply to
tiscali

Essentially yes :-)

Reply to
tiscali

Or at least in the ACC position rather than OFF.

Whilst you are on eBay looking for jack bits etc get a copy of the relevant RAVE CD. That'll help immensely with the little niggles and be useful diagnosing the others.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Sun, 4 Feb 2007 18:13:25 -0000, "tiscali" enlightened us thusly:

if it's got a standard spade terminal, then yes. the commonly manage to get loose.

iffy connections from CD to head unit, then, or faulty CD unit (but I reckon that's less likely)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yes, I think that's a more accurate description!

Reply to
Dougal

wotsa RAVE DC?

Reply to
tiscali

tiscali uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Really! That was a lucky guess then. ;-)

Lee

Reply to
Dr_D

Now where did they stow the electricity to make my cruise control work?

Reply to
tiscali

Donno but a RAVE CD is the Land Rover Service Manual on CD. TBH I don't know if there are versions for the 300TDi model but I would expect so. Just make sure that the one you opt for does cover your model/year of Discovery. There are lots of versions out there.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

LR workshop manual covers all models for year of issue if you have d/l that manual I posted thats more or less what you get for the Disco on the Rave

95 CD plus manuals for Freeloader P38 RRC and Defender. What is useful is to have is the electronic parts catalogue as the diagrams are much clearer especially when it comes to reassembly, you know the drill which of the 4 washer/spacers goes where if you get stuck mail me . Derek
Reply to
Derek

tiscali uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Nah then... is there some grey matter that says check that the brake light bulbs work, or was that a thread about being stuck in park cause by dodgie brake light bulbs.... h'mmm anyway, check the brake light bulbs to be on the safe side before investigating further.

When our cruise control goes defunct it's a perished rubber hose normally, but thats nowt to do with eletrickry so probable no use on this occasion.

Lee

Reply to
Dr_D

Replace the vacuum line from the cruise control module (below the air intake box LHS) to the TEE by the firewall. These are prone to failure. Then ensure that all vacuum lines from TEE, are free from defect (typically easier to replace all 3 lines).

Reply to
Jack