Paintwork touch-ups

I'e a '96 Disco, with metallic paint. As to be expected at this age, the paint is just starting to 'bubble' in a few spots (EG bottom corner of tail door, top of the wheel arches etc) and the ally starting to 'corrode'.

Lots of people say there's nothing you can do once it starts, but has anyone any success stories on this? Is it possible to properly repair the paint work? Surely in this day and age, protecting and repainting the ally isn't impossible?

I don't mind paying a professional to do it, as aside from this, it's a great car.

Reply to
Chris