Re: Rip-off carriage charges to Scotland

On or around 22 Oct 2003 09:39:33 GMT, Derry Argue enlightened us thusly:

Austin Shackles wrote in >news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com: > >> >> not quite so much so - I had to return a CV joint the other day, they >> said "post it, 'cos if we get ANC to pick it up it'll cost you 12 >> quid". >> > >Clearly, postage/carrier charges will vary according to distancde, size, >and weight. I've used my case of the rear cross member as an example. I >don't think these people mean to rip the customer off, they are probably >simply passing on the cost as quoted to them by the carrier. But they can >withdraw their custom (same as I can) if they are unable to negotiate >acceptable terms. My grumble is that they don't seem to even want to >bother.

did you find out whether 15 quid was the normal charge for H&I, or is it that they've subbed it to the same degree that gets free carriage to (e.g.) mid-Wales, but there's still 15 quid to pay?

I'd tend to suspect the former, but you never know. I assume that Paddock are stumping up for ANC or whomever's charges for the stuff that's subject to the special offer.

Reply to
Austin Shackles