July 2008 Toyota Lexus Car Sales Down 27.2% (!)

Lexus cars down 27.2%, trucks down 20.3%. Entire division down 24.6%

Toyota Reports July 2008 Sales Down

TORRANCE, CA - Aug. 1, 2008: Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported July sales of 197,424 vehicles, a decrease of 18.7 percent from last July, on a daily selling rate basis.

The Lexus Division reported July sales of 22,182 units, a decrease of

24.6 percent from the year-ago month.

Lexus Division

Lexus passenger cars reported July sales of 13,219 units, a decrease of 27.2 percent from July 2007. Passenger-car sales were led by the ES entry luxury sedan with July sales of 5,563 units. The IS entry luxury sport sedan reported combined sales of 4,750 units. The LS flagship luxury sedan reported combined sales of 1,466 units. The GS luxury sport sedan reported combined July sales of 1,297 units.

Lexus Division light trucks recorded July sales of 8,963 units, down

20.3 percent from the year-ago month. Lexus sales were led by the RX luxury utility vehicle, which posted combined July sales of 7,101 units. The RX 400h hybrid luxury utility vehicle reported July sales of 1,439 units. The LX 570 reported sales of 843 units, an increase of 277.7 percent versus the same period last year.
Reply to
johngdole

A bad month for Lexus, and a good month for Mercedes, and which company actually sold more cars?

Once again john, I don't believe the best measure of a car's quality is popularity, but if it was, Mercedes has a long way to go to catch Lexus. And thanks for making me feel better about my choice.

What do you drive, john?

Reply to
DaveW