Re: Roll Over Risk: Consumer Reports warns against 2010 Lexus GX460

>> What's the big deal? Anybody that purchases a truck-based, high center

>>> of gravity vehicle increases his chances for dying in a roll over >>> accident. This has always been the case. Don't buy any SUV unless you're >>> willing to accept that risk. >> >> Are you serious? LITERACY isn't a requirement for a drivers license. You >> really think center of gravity or truck-based or dying or risk register? > >Sure, you need to be able to read to get a license. Not only that, my >guess is that folks ought to be able to put 2 and 2 together. > >My understanding is that Toyota is gonna fix that nasty rollover problem >by the use of more airbags. Of course, they're on the outside of the >vehicle. :-)

The key point is that the Lexus is more likely to roll over than comparable vehicles - not that high COG vehicles are more likely to roll over (which they are).

Reply to
me

My key point is that these high COG truck-based vehicles are more likely to roll over. If that's a problem for you, don't buy one. Who cares if one is worse than the others? It don't make the other vehicles any safer.

Reply to
dsi1

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:23:21 -1000, dsi1

Reply to
me

Apparently you're unconcerned or ignorant of the fact that you're twice as likely to have a fatal rollover accident in an SUV than a car. What's your point? That you're safer driving an Escalade? That's real logical.

Reply to
dsi1

One has to learn to drive the vehicle they have, in a safe manner. If that means going around the corner at 5 mph...that's the way it is. Same as driving a truck loaded with cargo that can possibly shift. It is not possible to "idiot proof" vehicles.

Reply to
Wayne

They sure do! I'll see your 5 and lower it down to 3 MPH. I'll drive around a corner slower than anybody in the room. I dare you to drive slower than me. :-)

I can drive one of these SUVs in a safe manner anyday. The one part I haven't figured out is what to do if I have to do a high speed evasive maneuver. Wish I was in a different vehicle would be my best guess. :-)

I don't have any problem with SUVs, they are what they is. However, the Lexus GX460 tendency for rollovers does not make the other SUVs more resistant to the same behavior.

Reply to
dsi1