RX300 licence plate

Recently, the front licence plate disappeared on my 2001 RX 300. I have no idea how that happened--perhaps someone banged into me in a parking lot and it fell off. Anyway, I have noticed several other RX's recently also missing their front plates. Has this happened to you?

Perhaps Lexus needs a better mounting bracket. The replacement cost for the bracket from the dealer is an unbelievable $62 (CDN), plus there is the cost of buying a new licence plate.

Reply to
canadalexus

You've seeing the dark side of Lexus. The cars are very high quality and they last a long time. However, Lexus gouges like crazy on parts, as you noted. High prices may make some sense on things that truly are more expensive to make and are made to a much higher standard, but a license bracket? If it were made of powder-coated stainless steel it would not be worth $62.

Reply to
GRL

Try double sided tape. If applied correctly (clean, dry surfaces), it holds the plate well and looks good. Of course it takes a little elbow grease when it comes time to take it off, but that is usually a long time.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer