Toyota's Lexus division April 2009 car sales down 47.8%

Lexus Division

Lexus passenger cars reported April sales of 7,189 units, a decrease of 47.8 percent from April 2008. Passenger car sales were led by the ES entry luxury sedan with April sales of 3,549 units. The IS entry luxury sport sedan posted combined sales of 2,324 units. The LS flagship luxury sedan recorded combined sales of 765 units. The GS luxury sport sedan reported combined April sales of 468 units.

Lexus Division light trucks recorded April sales of 7,006 units, down

26.9 percent from the year-ago month. Lexus sales were led by the RX and RX Hybrid luxury utility vehicle, which posted combined April sales of 6,237 units. Thanks to strong sales of the new 2010 RX 350, the RX was the industry's best-selling luxury vehicle for the month of April.
Reply to
johngdole

Toyota LS and SC sales were pretty bad, down 61%. Worst was the GS -- down 70%! But check out the Scion xA. Sold *1* in 2009 YTD !!!

johngdole

True story:

When I picked up my new GS in December, I was so pleased with it I bought a bunch of Toyota stock at $61.95. As of the market's close on Friday, it's at $79.17, an increase of roughly 28%.

Toyota is a very well run company that makes a fine product. It's a shame that causes you so much pain, john.

Reply to
DaveW

Dave, does the GS use the same V6 as the 2007 ES350? If it does, I was wondering if the engine still has the same piston slap as my ES350. The Lexus website says that is normal operating noise for the Lexus. Aside from the defective engine, the car looks great, rides great, and handles great. We even get over 30 mpg on trips if we keep speed under 70 mph.

Enjoy, Graybeard

Reply to
Graybeard

The ES and RX share the same engine, but the GS350, while roughly the same size V6 (it's slightly larger), is a different engine, with higher compression and about 30 more horsepower. I haven't experienced any piston slap with the GS.

Reply to
DaveW