Toyota Sales Up 9.8% in November; Lexus Leaps Forward 24%.

Could it be no one is paying any attention to how terrible Toyota and Lexus are supposed to be???

Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported November sales of 133,700 vehicles, an increase of 11.5 percent over last November, on a daily selling rate basis. The Toyota Division posted November sales of 115,200 units, an increase of 9.8 percent over the same period last year.

The Lexus Division reported November sales of 18,500 units, an increase of 24 percent over the year-ago month.

The BMW Group in the U. S. (BMW and MINI combined) reported November sales of 18,272 vehicles, a decrease of 7.5 percent from the 19,762 vehicles sold in the same month of 2008. BMW Brand Sales Sales of BMW brand vehicles increased 3.2 percent in November for a total of 15,708 vehicles compared to 15,217 vehicles reported in the same month a year ago.

Reply to
greg

- Bought a new RX-350 on Nov 30, so I guess I'm part of that statistic. I would have bought something else, but a Lexus is the first car I ever owned that didn't suck.

As for the new RX.....awesome. But, IMHO it has a lot of subtle creature comfort irritants....placement of accessory DC sockets, size and shape of door pockets, odd cupholder to the left of the steering wheel, etc. And of course, WTF is with a "funny spare" on a $40k+ car?

Reply to
Wayne