Tps or Iac valve? 91 ls400

I tried to check it the tps would adjust the idle from the low 400 idle its at right now. Well it only brings it up around 10 rpms if I turn it all the way up (to around 410) and brings it to 400 all the way turned down. Shouldnt the tps be able to adjust the idle from around 400 to

1200 rpms? or is the IAC dead and not raising the idle when the tps tells it to? hmmmm Thanks again! :)
Reply to
:

As far as I know, there is no actual adjustment for the idle speed. If everything it working correctly, the idle speed will be correct. Moving the TPS is for fine-tuning, not actual gross adjustment.

I am not sure if the 91 LS uses an IAC valve or different type of bleed air to control idle speed, but whichever type of idle air control, the valve needs to move freely.

Also check the air filter to make sure it is not clogged, and check base ignition timing.

Reply to
Ray O