What's the best iPOD interface for a 2006 Lexus GX470?

Hi all,

I just purchased a 2006 GX470 and the only thing that I wish it had that it lacks is an input for my iPod. Honestly, even a 2.5mm input jack with no on screen capabilities would suit me fine, but of course, all the better if I could use the steering wheel controls to work the iPOD and view the current song playing on the nav screen, etc....

Has anyone found a solution to accomplish this that is relatively easy to install? Thanks in Advance!!! Regards,

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Yes.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Elmo,

Your previous suggesti>>

Reply to
Steve B.

My new ES350 has a jack inside the console between the front seats. I was told that an I-pod (MP-3 player) could be plugged into the jack and selected by the "AUX" on the steering wheel. Haven't tried it. Graybeard

Reply to
Graybeard

Hey, I was just looking up a kit car website and stumbled on an article you might be interested in. Toyota just released an "iPOD Integration Kit" that apparently fits most Toyota and Lexus cars, and is compatible with all iPODS. If Interested, check the article at

I don't have an iPOD, so can't comment on it. Good Luck.

Graybeard

Reply to
Graybeard

atwww.gizmag.com/go/7945/

The Toyota iPod integration kit sounds an awful lot like an already existing product. See

for a model that maywork for you. (The AIC-100i and the SLI work for a Toyota Prius, soit should probably work on your Lexus.)
is another product that maywork.

Reply to
mrv