Which Toyota Lexus models affected by roll-over crash cases?

Does anyone know which Lexus models are susceptible to roll-over crashes in these litigations?

"Toyota Motor Corp. may face demands that rollover-crash cases it won or settled be reopened, in light of accusations by a former company lawyer that the automaker hid records sought by plaintiffs.

The ex-Toyota lawyer, Dimitrios Biller, last month sued Toyota, claiming the world's largest automaker and its U.S. units destroyed engineering and testing evidence relevant in more than 300 suits over sport utility vehicle rollover accidents. Biller managed Toyota's electronic document-discovery program, he said in court papers."

john

If you find out, let me know, and I'll buy you one.

Reply to
DaveW

I would think the obvious candidates would be the Lexus SUVs. But I suspect none of the Lexus models are particualy prone to rollovers (compared to other similar vehicles). The worst Toyota models would be the prior generation 4Runners and the Tacoma pick-ups. The older

4Runners had a very high rollover rate - much worse than average. It always bothered me that the press trashed the 4 door Ford Explorer for rollovers, when in fact they (4 door Explorers) had one of the lower rollover rates for SUVs, while the 4Runner had a rollover rate many times greater. Of course the total number of 4Runner rollovers was tiny compared to the number of Explorer rollover since the Explorer greatly outsold the 4Runner.

Anyhow, I don't think any of the Lexus models have high rollover rates. The current generation 4Runners have very low rollover rates. I suspect "Lexus" is mentioned becasue "Lexus" vehicles are Toyotas and the same document archiving proceedures are used.

Reply to
C. E. White