whiplash protection seats/headrests

Does anybody know why Lexus has not seen fit to equip it's redesigned

2004 RX 330 with front seats that offer protection from whiplash injuries in the event of a rear end collision?

This has been a standard feature on all Volvos and Sabs for years, and I understand other auto makers are in the process of adding them. I was surprised and dissapointed to find out that this important safety feature was not made available in the new RX model.

Anybody have any info?

Thanks,

Reply to
mt