Headrests for 2004 seats.

All things considered, I'm totally satisfied and happy with my 2004 GT Convertible, except: The stock factory "headrests" are simply ineffective as whiplash protection. With the provided metal slat post/bracket in the uppermost position, the headrest pad is still too low to provide any prevention of a rearward head snap. I'd like to keep the seats as they are, but would like to enable the pad to be raised to an effective height, i.e. such that my skull above my neck (not my neck) would land squarely on the headrest, or preemptively be placed against the pad when I could see the rear-ender coming. My factory stock bucket seats on my '67 Barracuda (shoulda kept it) had headrests that perfectly supported the head in a rear-ender. No, I'm not unusually tall, just normal average 5'10". Short of welding on an extension to the metal slat that would raise the current headrest to an effective position, I'm wondering if anyone has solved this problem. I already know I can buy a new seat that solves this, so I don't need advice in that direction. I'm trying to keep the car stock, and I otherwise like the seats - I'm just looking for a trick to make these headrests work. Anybody out there have any sensible ideas? Not to worry, I'm ready for the jokes - it's part of posing a question to a newsgroup. Brian in Seattle

Reply to
BoomBoom

I have the same issue, as I have a set of '04 GT seats in my 93 GT. The headrests are nowhere near high enough to be of any use in a rear- ender. I have also thought of trying to have some longer brackets fabbed.

Reply to
jmvannoy