1996 Seat Toledo wiper fault

Hi,

My wife's 1996 Toledo sport makes a growling noise when the wipers have been switched off. The slightest movement of the control stalk will stop this noise but it is incredibly annoying and I can't figure out what's causing it. Also, on the wiper control stalk there is a sliding switch marked

0-1-2-0 which does not appear to do anything ie. I thought it might change the time interval for the intermittent wipe delay but it just does not seem to affect anything.

What I really need is a workshop manual for this car but I can't find anywhere that sells them. Any ideas?

I can't even find the fusebox and not having any experience with airbags makes me very nervous about fiddling about with the dash wiring/trim.

Cheers, Donny

Reply to
Donald MacLennan