Did i do right?

Iparked next to a Micra in sainsburys Car park when I noticed it had a window wide open and on the back seat was a bag, the occupants were not around and I was going to go into the supermarket and inform one of the staff but Just by luck a security man passed by so I beckoned him over and he then took control, do you think I'm a nosey so and so and should I have ignored what I saw after all it was none of my buisiness or did I do right?

Reply to
Howard

if you had saved me from a potential theft id say Thanks, although the actual driver is prolly totally unawares that you did them a favour!!

I hope someday someone does the same for you!

Mark

Reply to
Lostin1999

You did the right thing, its nice to know there are some honest and helpful people out there. My dad and I found a top of the range mobile in a parking lot and rang the owner to tell them we were going to drop it at the police station. She was very grateful, so if the person was told by the security man that someone alerted him, I am sure they were as grateful.

Donna

Reply to
Donna

Well, it's worth doing just on the vague off-chance that there *might* be a heaven. You may get your own personal angel :o)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

I take it the owners "other" number was on the directory of the mobile . ???

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Naah, no chance. He's told us all about it now, that negates the whole "payback in Heaven" clause ;-)

Reply to
DocDelete

The owner was lucky. When I dropped my mobile in a parking lot (without realising it) someone drove over it and flattened it!!

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

The world would be a better place if there were more like you.

Reply to
David Griffin

The message from "Uno Hoo!" contains these words:

Friend of mine has washed her son's mobile twice. Took it apart, dried it in the airing cupboard and recharged the battery and all was well.

Reply to
Guy King

To take this even more off-topic... ;-)

I was out jogging once (quite literally) and heard a mobile ringing... ..at which point a car drove past with a mobile on the roof! The driver was coming to a stop at the lights and I could see him looking round his person/car for his phone... I ran up to the car and grabbed the phone... To say he had a 'surprised' expression on his face when I handed it to him through the window is an understatement!

I wished now I'd answered it and matter-of-factly offered it to him saying 'its for you...'.... :-)

Mat

Reply to
Mathew J. Newton

Depends how honest the security guard was! But short of waiting for the owner to come back, then you did the best thing. :)

Reply to
StephenH

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Howard" saying something like:

Smells like troll to me.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Yeah it was. I've always had my home number programmed into mine and this lady had done the same when I checked.

Donna

Reply to
Donna

*sigh* Your sense of smell must be shafted. To get a real sniff of it, you'd have to come across:

Yesterday after I'd finished at a lively pub on a bridge called the Three Goats, I happened to see someone trit-trotting over to a car with an open window and removing a bag. I put on my most stony face and demanded the man, called Billy, replace the bag or I'd eat him. It was only after he said that his bigger and tastier brother would come along later to steal the seats that I let him go. Did I do right? *grin*

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Saul

I once loaded the car up with big boxes, and set off. Just after an island, I put my foot down on the slip road to get up to speed to join the dual carriageway. Heard some ungodly banging on the roof, saw a flash of mobile phone in the rear view mirror, followed by first 2 cars, then a bloody great lorry drive straight over it.

Parked in a layby, walked back trying to find the simm. That was long gone, but there were some lovely bits of phone innards strewn along the verge.

Never liked mobiles anyway, so it was no great loss :)

Reply to
Stuffed