Ford Side Mirrors

Whilst waiting for a lift home after booking my car in for servicing I kicked a few tyres in and outside the showroom.

I notice that the side mirrors on the new Ford range include a repeater for the turn indicators.

Presumably the occasional harmless mirror to mirror contact will involve glassware and maybe bulb replacement in future?

Reply to
Gordon H

Gordon H gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Where've you been hiding for much of the last decade?

Reply to
Adrian

In message , Adrian writes

Mostly in Mondeos.

I haven't noticed that type of mirror previously, maybe it is only on certain models?

Daft idea, anyway.

Reply to
Gordon H

Gordon H gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

There's a reasonably wide range of manufacturers who've taken it on since Merc introduced it about a decade ago...

Reply to
Adrian

If you put them on the bit of the vehicle most likely to get knocked or vandalised, then it's good for quite a few repeat repairs, not covered by warranty, natch.

Not that I'm an old cynic or anything :-)

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

I reckon the electric motors are way more expensive than a 21W light bulb.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

"Duncan Wood" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Complete brand new boxed Valeo headlight for 'erselfs 205 - £15. Nearside mirror motor and lens for my 900 - £180.

Reply to
Adrian

In message , Adrian writes

When I saw these mirrors I just wondered how much of the mirror I would have to buy to replace the glass lens. ;-) ...And how to get it apart without driving it against a wall.

Reply to
Gordon H

£500 for my Range Rover (aslo same for D3)

Luckily i got the glass only foir £50

Reply to
Nige