LED work light from Netto

In January, there was a discussion thread on LED work lights.

60 LED work light on NiCd for £28 but heavy at over 2 lb from eBay. 28 LED £24 27 LED £13
et al Now, 18 LED work light (and torch at one end) for £10 at 1 lb.
7 in the 17th May Special Offers) from Netto. The rechargeable battery, a 6V 2.3Ah sealed *lead acid battery*, appears to be replaceable as the housing has standard screws at its four corners. The circle of light cast from it held at the usual working distance is large and bright enough, though the bluish tinge, bleached look (similar to the early florescent tubes) needs some getting used to. The specification does not state how long a full charge will last. Nevertheless, its use of SLA battery, light weight, magnetic attachment and angled functionality are especially attractive. To me it does not look rugged for heavy professional/trade use, but the lighter use of the home mechanics shouldn't present any problem. I bought one primarily for my periodic undercarriage inspection, and work illumination. It'll also live in the car boot, double as an emergency (torch)light.
Reply to
Lin Chung