Mixing oils

Can you mix semi synthetic and fully synthetic oils together ?

I ask as I spotted 4 litres of semi synthetic oil in tesco for £7.50 the cheapskate in me jumped out and thought hmm cheap but my 1.8 04 petrol focus takes fully synthetic. The semi sync oil meets the ford spec though and I would only use it for topping up for a year till the next oil service.

Just wodnering if this is ok or a bad idea ?

Reply to
Adam

Adam spake thus:

Personally I wouldn't. If you do your own oil changes then just get a few litres of the correct stuff, it'll keep until the next service.

Even if it costs you four times as much it's still less than the cost of half a tank of fuel.

Reply to
Scion