Talk to me about Shoguns

96/P 3.0v6 LWB. 4 AT tyres, cambelt, brakes, few other odds'n'sods been done in last 2yrs/10k miles.

Sub-grand with a new ticket.

Run or interesting, as a winter hack, living way in the sticks.

Yes, I know it's going to be thirsty...

Reply to
Adrian

That's either a) a stonking deal or b) too cheap! Maybe it's the area but LWBs are pricier than that round here, generally nearer £2k. SWBs are the only ones to be seen sub-grand and not currently. Esp for an actual Shogun rather than a Pajero.

Having vaguely looked into Pajero/Shoguns for a friend, apparently the thirst of the 3.0 isn't much worse than the 2.5/2.8 Diesels... But only because they drink like fish (~22mpg, an oft quoted figure.)

I was warned of the "parts are horribly expensive" thing but this must apply to going into a Mitsi dealer with a dopey expression on one's fizog - found at least one website doing all the standard bits for Land Rover prices (ie fairly cheap.)

Reply to
Scott M

Two things to watch for...

  1. Don't buy from a pikey.

  1. Invest in some decent security, as the pikey types will have it away as soon as they clock it.

Reply to
SteveH

Sure it's a real Shogun? When I was shopping a few years ago there were loads of Pajero bargains, but I couldn't find anyone who would insure one (in spite of being mid 50's with a long, clean license and no accidents).

As well as being thirsty (I saw one with a gas conversion) the road tax is high

Reply to
newshound

The badges say Shogun, and the UK first-reg date is 1996.

Pre-01, so not CO2 taxed.

Reply to
Adrian

Will you come and tarmac my drive?

Uncle swears by them, he's had a few since 1994. SWB V6 ones. Reliable, and quite pokey for what they are. His 1998 one is still mint.

Reply to
Mike P