1994 Mazda B3000

I have a 1994 Mazda B3000 extended cab pickup. There are notches right behind the front seats half way up from the floor. I first thought it was for a rod to hang clothes etc. but it is too low. Is this for some sort of platform/shade to cover contents you might have in there? If anyone can shed some light as to what it might be I would be much appreciated.

Thanks for all replies... Cretemite

Reply to
Cretemite