2006 Ram Mega Cab

What does everyone think of this new Ram...besides it's about time? http://autoadvice.about.com/od/dodg1/ss/DodgeRamMegaCab.htm http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2006/dodge/ram/mega/page1.html

--
_________________________
Laszlo Almasi
It's going to take a while for that one to "grow" on me. I liked the fact that the crew cab Ram was smaller than the Ford. The old style looks a bit more sporty and is still practical (for my use).
The larger cab is probably a welcome addition for those that have to wrestle with a car seat or a bunch of rowdy, snot-nosed kids. ;)
Craig C.
I agree. They actually even make a comment on that in the first link. Dodge doesn't think it's going to effect the regular QC sales. Personally, I think it will a tad bit bit the QC will still be a big seller IMO.
--
_________________________
Laszlo Almasi

I think the bed's about 21" too short...
Maybe that'll be available for next year. Heck...if your gonna go big...go BIG!!
--
_________________________
Laszlo Almasi

I have a friend who is practically foaming at the mouth, mostly due to the solid front axle, but the backseat big enough to put his 2 kids and dog without complaints is a big deal too. He's going to end up with one pretty quick, I would imagine. Now he has to decide between a hemi and a cummins.
If the deals stay as they are now, I'm betting on the diesel..
BDK
Carolina Watercraft Works wrote:

They added a few inches to the rear of the cab, and removed a few inches from the bed. I'm not impressed. It's handy, I suppose. But it doesn't get me excited.
--
.boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

Another junk truck. Great. What ever happened to having a usable truck box. 6'3" is a joke, hell my lawn tractor won't even fit in there. Want to buy 8" lumber and keep the bed closed up...BZZZZ nope. Carry a 4 wheeler nope. Might as well sell it with a trailer attached so you can actually call it a truck.
--
Steve Williams

Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed

I always have loved trucks, but I think a truck should be a truck. I see these hybrid vehicles with a 4 foot bed and plenty of cab room, just a chopped up SUV trying to make more sales.
If you try and make an S.U.V. out of a Truck you get a S.U.C.K.
I say you gotta keep em seperated. I'm a traditionalist, so sue me.
BTW I drive a regular cab 4X4 and don't whine about room.
snipped-for-privacy@BLARG.NET says...

The last regular cab I had drove me nuts, I couldn't get the seat back quite far enough and I was always having to put stuff on the front floor when it rained out or it was something I wouldn't want to put in the bed anyway. I don't know how anyone over 6'2" can stand it.
It was a 86 Chevy and, like my 82 Blazer, I had to do mods to the seat angle (the bottom was angled down,and it needed to be up slightly, or it killed your legs and back) just to be able to tolerate driving it.
I would be more than happy with a 4 ft bed, it would let me put a bunch of bags of asphalt patch back there and have even more cab room. I would want some sort of trunk or something and not just room behind the back seats though. I wouldn't want an SUV to carry that junk around, first off, it stinks and the bags are dusty. I want the bed to be able to wash it out, if needed, and for trash hauling, something else I have to do once in a while..
BDK