What do the 2 wires do?

starter will not disengage when the key turns it on.The key can be pulled out of the lock and the car will still run even before this problem with the starter.I have now pulled the steering wheel and the switches.The only problem now is there are two wires coming into a connector on the side of the key tumbler on the left side that the solder came undone.I dont know what the wires are for and which wire goes where on the connector?What does this connector control,it is staked on by 2 screws that have locking washers on them the connector is recessed into the left side of the ignition tumbler?

RIPPER FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!

Reply to
CBX2

My guess is those are for the door-chime interlock... you know, the thing that beeps if you have the key in and the door open, to remind you not to lock your keys in the car :)

Reply to
Matt Ion