Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

M180 with a single row timing chain, why double row?
Hi, I've just gotten myself a M180 engine but it has a single row timing chain, while another M180 I have has a double row chain. Does anyone know why Mercedes used a single row chain and why a double...
7
7

87 300D Significant Oil Leak (sometimes)
My daughter's 1987 300D (W124) has developed a significant oil leak during highway driving. No significant oil loss in normal city driving but it goes through a quart of oil in 100 miles at highway...
8
8

1995 E300D Fuel Shut Off
I have a 1995 E300D that has intermittent electrical problems which seem to be related to my ignition switch. Usually the problems occur after the car has been parked in the hot sun. Most common...
3
3

Maserati Ghibli driving impressions 1967-72
anyone here own/owned one of these ? if so, can you give your experience ? driving impressions ? repair history ? thanks much
1
1

E320 Starting problem
Had an intermittent starting problem on my 96 E320. It would crank but not start. I would let it sit and it would eventually start. Now, it cranks but doesn't start at all. Noticed it on Friday, and...
5
5

230CE/190E Hot Start Revisited
It looks like that I fixed the hot start problem that I was having. There was a fuel strainer in the fuel return fitting. the pressure that it takes to push fuel through the strainer must have been...

300CE start problem, possibly lock-out
My 1990 300CE refuses to crank when I turn the key. For a while, I could move the shift lever to Neutral, and it would start, but sometimes not. A few years ago, suffering a similar problem, I had the...
5
5

ML320 woes, help pls
98ML320- died, so I had it towed to dealer.... What brought it there, belt tensioner went, destroyed belt, that needs to get done... While there, dealer sugge$ted: Brakes/front rotors: Brakes are...
6
6

Lewis Hamilton
Loosely related to but for those of you who follow Formula 1 you'll know this kid. For those of you that don't, this is the most talented racing driver I've ever seen since Senna, and I've been a...
7
7

C200 - 98 startting problem pls. Help...!!!
Car details : Type = C200 Model = 98 Chasis = WDB2020201F728147 There was a problem in Air condition system, my mechanic try to change the avaparator, to do this he completely dismantle the dash board...
3
3

poll: good rims to get for my Lumina?
Should I? or is it a waste, you think? check them out:

ML320 Door access
I can no longer lock my left rear door. The mechanism tries about four times in rapid succession to lock when I press the lock button without succeeding. All other doors lock normally. I'd like to...
1
1

Instructions for enabling Video in Motion with Mercedes COMAND DVD system
Here are the required steps for activating Video in Motion: ENGINEERING MODE Menu: Press Mute + Endcall + Service (all together and hold for 5 secs) ENGINEERING MODE Extended Menu: ENGINEERING MODE...
2
2

Turn Signals, gauges don't work 1980SD
I just bought a 1980SD and the turn signals, Temp. gauge, fuel gauge etc. don't work. I checked the fuse box and I don't seem to be getting power to fuses 3,4, 6, 8 & 10. Looking at the schematic it...
1
1

1983 300cd A/C compressor will not engage
Hello all, I have an 1983 mercedes 300cd. The a/c compressor clutch is not engaging. I have tried all the things I know. It is not the pressure switch, I put 12 volts to the compessor side of the...
1
1