1985 380 SE = Anti-freeze

What color is the antifreeze in your coolant reservoir now? Is it sort of red? If it is, then it is MB coolant... or Zerex Z-05 that you can find at Autozone. Cost about $10 a gallon and you mix it with water... I suggest 2 gallons of water to 1 gallon of coolant for 66% water/ 33% coolant... I find

50/50 too thick for the cooling system... harder to dissipate heat.
Reply to
Tiger

All,

Help me out. I know that I should use MB anti-freeze, but is there a substitute? And if so, what brand because I know there are two different types of anti-freeze.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
William

Thanks for the advice. It is currently a red color.

Reply to
William