1989 560 SEL comments

I have a chance to buy an 89 560SEl for approx. 1000.00

Obviously is not in mint condition but it is in quite good shape body wise, minor rust here and there nothing major. Speaker cover missing from rear deck..ventilation hose missing from under drivers dash .

All power acc work well. Engine sounds and look like new. Incredibly quiet. Tires good with MErc mag type wheels.

Those familiar with these cars , and given the info here..do you think it would be worth the 1000?

Mileage is high at 410 Km, have not driven at this point. Interior leather is in good shape , npo tears or heavy creases.

Anything to look for on these models other than gas stations?

thx

Reply to
Ontdaze

Good price, $1,000 for two tons of scrap metal = $500/ton - that's about market.

This car is at the end of its useful life, anything beyond 410,000Km is a favor to you, IMHO, for the cost of fixing it when it breaks will doom it to the bone yard.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

That is a cheap price for the car... I would pick it up.. Drive it as long as you can without any major expense... When major expense do come... part out the car and you will make more money than what you paid for it..

Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
marlin

Yep , thats what I was tinking as well and did expect the comments regarding scrap..Personally I have had great luck with high mileage cars (Mercs) almost

500KM's on my 300sd and going strong other than plastic breaking down :(

thanks for the comments folks

Reply to
Ontdaze

Yes, I'd buy it. It's built like a tank.

Look at the motor mounts too. If you maintain it, about the only way it stop dead is when the the motor falls onto the highway.

Reply to
Cigar Havana

Does the air conditioning work?

Reply to
jjW

Yes, the only odd thing I have noticed is the passenger seat wants to motor itself to a flat position. Back fully reclined.

Full records as well after looking again today.I'm gonna do it.

Reply to
Ontdaze

That seat problem is most likely to be the door switch for the seat... not too bad of a repair/replacement.

Reply to
Tiger