want to buy - 1971 ghia PARTS, used, listed

need all the '71 ghia parts listed below, OR might buy 'parts car' located north florida/south georgia to obtain. also need one old 'beetle part' (near bottom of list). looking to buy at appealing, used prices...

bug/ghia transaxle FRONT MOUNT (prefer german original in good used shape)

top STARTER BOLT (one of four: engine to transaxle). correct length, EXcluding head, will be dern near 4" or 4 & 1/16 inch. (prefer german original in good used shape)

oil pump STUDS, four@normal length for 4 spd cars (prefer german original in good used shape)

nylon-ringed NUTS, for oil pump studs above, four, new, good used, whatever...

LUG BOLTS for "volksmag 2" mag wheels by superior industries, van nuys CA. (can probably use lugbolts for MANY other specialty or 'sport' mag wheels). need sixteen lugolts total, 14mm x 1.5, with .620 inch diameter straight shoulder below heads. upper boltheads should be flat bottomed (not 'cone' or ball-shaped' seat type). Prefer chrome acorn heads, with integral or "loose" flat washer, or with head that 'incorporates' a broad flat bottom that's "washer-like" (in other words, flat flanged where they contact the wheel). straight shoulder height of lugbolts nds to be 7/16 inch or dern near, & length of threaded portion of lugbolt, EXcluding shoulder, needs to be 5/8 inch (.625) or near that. These dimensions yield an overall lugbolt length of 1 & 1/16 inch, EXcluding the head and any flat washer or flat washer 'space' below head - chrome can be in ANY condition whatsoever, from great to horrible....can also use any 14 x 1.5 threaded lugbolts 'seeming to fit' some or most dimensional needs above, IF they can be lathe turned to better meet my needs. they need to have the correct metric threads, however...

steering damper , new...or maybe used...if not leaking...

all four rubber brake hoses (one@each wheel) fronts 311 611 701B & rears 113 611 775E

caliper rebuild kits, pair, for ATE single pin front calipers (two kits for single pin single bleeder calipers).

gas tank sealant, prefer 2-part epoxy type new only (used epoxy 'not a good idea' :-)

door check ?straps', black "bumpy rubber covered" sheetmetal (& maybe rollers in door too?) new? used? hold the doors open....

IF CHEAP and nearby: front windshield and drivers side door glass - (haven't tried polishing mine out yet)... also if cheap and nearby: rear engine LID in nearly ANY condition (only actually need one piece of the interior sheet metal 'frame', at the right side interior at/near the main curve)

Rear decklid karmann ghia ?script' - CORRECT size for '71 ghia...new? good used? 'fair' used?

black hard rubber round-nosed door jamb " TRIANGLES": these have 2 holes each, need both, go 1 each on rear side of doors & ?mate into' the chrome pieces in door jambs when doors are closed...#141 837 277

carpet, complete set, 'oatmeal' (light tan) color, "perlon" or loop type, OR I'll buy just the three missing pieces I need in the original tan perlon (scotchbrite-looking) type: need entire front floor big piece, & one piece on floor behind drivers seat, & one "narrow wavy" piece that covers front floor lower air vent pipe.

distributor, possibly - is there a different 'curve' in std shift cars than in my original autostickshift distributor?...

gasket, red fiber, for gas tank bottom elbow

rubber rings, pair, for filler neck, wide flat black rubber, look like super-wide black rubber bands...maybe mine are useable "in a pinch"...

brake caliper "locktabs" (both/stamped sheetmetal, they have 2 holes each...) or make?

shifter nylon "half-ball" - fits immediately on top of lower 'half-ball' part of shifter, approx diameter same as a golf ball, looks like whitish nylon "half a hemisphere with hole on top center"...

also need Old "glass covered" beetle OR ghia headlite assembly GASKETS: chrome to lens and chrome to body...

headlight buckets WITH nearby exterior sheet metal...from old "glass covered" bug =OR= from a ghia...

One piece exterior side trim, mid-length, drivers side rear upper (21.25" long "max" NOT 20 7/8" long max)-mine horrible

One piece exterior side trim, long, pass side door upper (39 1/8" long "max" NOT 38 15/16" long max)-mine fair to OK...

sunvisors, white: if used available, JUST the one on the drivers side...

Front bumper parts: top center tube (badly dinged-can braze-fill& rechrome) and both ?upright bumperettes" (withOUT the huge thick front

1971-specific black rubbers and their associated three holes per) AND lower center ?main' part (maybe can straighten mine?). this means bumperettes from a 70 or earlier ghia preferred...also need top center towelbar (dinged badly & chrome ripping off on mine)

Rear bumper parts: center lower ?main' piece (bent up/but can be straightened), & center upper tube (bad dinged center), & both upright bumperettes (withOUT the huge thick front 1971-specific black rubbers and their associated three holes per). this means bumperettes from a

70 or earlier ghia preferred...might also need rear center top towelbar...

headliner kit? (white perforated vinyl, like original)

Dashboard "upper cap" black ... "new shelfworn" or whatever...

Dashboard "wood face" ... "new shelfworn" or whatever...

spin-on oil filter/HIGH pressure oil pump adapter-unit, by "scat" or "EMPI" or knecht or ? new? used? ugly but useable?

gaskets, both, for under rear taillight lenses

gaskets, for ?old beetle' headlight glass, both sides...

hubcap remover (spring steel tool)

"dreamworld wants" stuff: ==outside RIGHT rearview mirror? ==alternator and alternator tower.... ==oil pump puller, used...

=*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*= please be sure your reply header has 'GHIA PARTS' or 'VW PARTS' in the header, so it doesn't get *tossed*unopened* with the 40 tons of spam I get daily. an initial response stating your location (city/state) and items you have that I need (preferably with prices wanted) will certainly expedite matters - thanks very much :-) =*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*==*=

Reply to
bill yohler

see my part for sale site below

Reply to
Mel P.

I have a '71 door glass complete. $25 plus shipping

I'll remove the glass and ship it to you. If you live near New Orleans I'll deliver it free.

Send me an email... remove NOSPAM from the address.

bill yohler wrote:

Reply to
Gary Scurlock

Hey Bill, Check our web page classified list. A '71 Ghia for sale just posted today. Located in Milton, Fl.

"Wild" Bill and "Blondie" Linda Tucker

President and First Lady Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, FLorida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug Resto Custom ,1776, Front Disc, T-3 Rear brakes, "Prowler Purple."

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic, "Blondies' Car"

'67 Squareback

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill