1990 300E 2.6L

My 1990 300E 2.6L Mercedes just passed 300,000 miles. Both the engine and transmission were rebuilt at 200,000 miles. The plugs, wires, water pump, shocks, springs and exhaust were replaces between 200,000 and 300,000 miles. Can any tell me what I should look to replace now that the car is at 300,000? The only this I have noticed is the car is a little sluggish when accelerating.

Thanks.

Reply to
jpvital

That's a fine car! 300,000 miles proves its inherent quality.

As to the acceleration sluggishness, look at your records to determine the current mileage of the spark plugs. They're a suspect if > 15K miles, otherwise I'd suggest the air / fuel ratio be checked - it my be a bit lean which would make for flat acceleration.

Otherwise, you must be doing everything else right!

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

On Sep 15, 11:48=A0pm, "-->> T.G. Lambach

Reply to
jpvital

You need to check all the rubber parts for the vacuum and crankcase ventilation... make sure they are super tight. Spraying carburator cleaner will reveal leaks.

Another possibility is bad EGR valve...

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look for a leak. I will also consider changing the EGR Valve also. It is the original.

Reply to
jpvital

..... also do make sure that it's not starting in 2nd gear. My '89 300E does and is certainly 'sluggish'

cheers

Reply to
Guenter Scholz