1992 aftermarket stereo

Hi, Looking to dump the stock Becker in my 190e...going with and Alpine mp3 player. What I need is a wiring diagram for the connections that need to be made... Thanks for reading this post...

B F Rollins II

1963 220 (now history) Blue/Grey

1981 240d (body cancer claimed this one ) Ivory/Brown 192k

1992 300sl 68000 Black/Black

1992 190e Black/ Grey (daily driver)

Reply to
mooncusser

You don't need a wiring diagram because you will need to replace the o.e. speakers as well. The Alpine unit has a four ohm impedance output intended to reach four ohm coaxial speakers. O.E. junk speakers ar 1.2 ohms and not a match. You will want to wire the new speakers directly. DO NOT TAKE THE WIRES OFF THE O.E.ROTARY FADER ON THE CONSOLE. There is an electronic fader built into the Alpine head unit. The dirt-collecting rotary fader is rated at a max of 50 watts. P.

Reply to
pkmaven

esgzeatw

Memphis10c