1996 E320...

Hello all,

The high mount stop light has stopped working, I changed the bulb, but it still doesn't work, does this light have it's own fuse or is it part of the main stop light circuit? Anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

Also, a couple of the bulbs have gone out in the instrument cluster, it look's like you have to remove the cluster to change the bulbs, is this a big job or pretty straight forward? Is there a guide on the internet anywhere for this job?

Thank you for any help rendered,

Martin.

Reply to
Martin S.

Did you get a bulb out signal? If not it may be your headlight relay, I just had to replace mine in my 400E. That relay also controls the bulb out indicator.

Reply to
macdrone

Reseat the bulb in the holder... reseat the socket again. Make sure bulb is not burnt out.

Reply to
Tiger

Martin: Your brake lamp contacts may be melted. Take off the brake lamp lens/assym and inspect for damage(melted/distorted contacts) you may need a brake lamp assym. i am assuming it is your third brake lamp( mounted on your rear hat self/rear window) i have seen them melt(open ckt)

Reply to
WRENCHER