2006 or 2007 Diesel E 325? Or VW Passat Diesel?

Is it worth to wait for the 2007 model, around $56 K MSRP vs. a 2006 $50 K discounted model? Neither is yet OK in CA. and in 3 or 4 other states and a few more HP and Blue Tooth tel. are not worth $5K, I guess.

Does anybody have a recent diesel and can provide feedback, also re MPG?

Or is the VW Passat Diesel a better choice for much less money?

Reply to
ritter197

gee, you ask this in a MB news group, what responses do you think that you're going to get?

Reply to
jdoe

Well, with mcbrue roaming the group you never know, do you?

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

Assuming the E 325 is some sort of E-Class (E 320 typo?) then I don't think the E vs Passat is a very relevant comparison.

Yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

If you are going to lease, it doesn't matter... If you are going to buy, then you can always make a deal... If the dealer not willing to discount, just walk to another one.

Carsdirect.com is very straightforward. You always get discount.

Reply to
Tiger

The choice here is really between an '06 leftover model vs. a new and updated '07 model. That the '06 has a straight six diesel and the '07 a V-6 diesel is secondary to the economics of "new model" vs. "leftover model".

I'd buy the '07 V-6 in an instant but I can't as I live in California where it's not yet sold. Urea exhaust treatment eliminates NOx and may eventually qualify it.

Why do you suppose M-B designed a new diesel, not just for fun, it's a better power unit and will also be offered in the '07 Jeep Grand Cheroke as well. In Europe the V-6 diesel is offered in the E and S class models.

Beyond the diesel engine, the '07 E class model has some improvements over the '06 that one should also consider.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Thanks for the update re MB 2007. I now just wished they (MB) would offer the diesel in 4 cyl. like most Europeans drive, at speeds we can only dream of.

Especially when we have such a miserable oil crisis. Yet MB pushes onto the US market only their 6 cyl. diesels!

Reply to
ritter197

...and also in the C-Class = C 320 CDI (sedan and wagon) CLK = CLK 320 CDI (coupe and cabrio) CLS = CLS 320 CDI M-Class = ML 320 CDI 4MATIC GL-Class = GL 320 CDI R-Class = R 320 CDI 4MATIC G-Class = G 320 CDI (SUV and cabrio)

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Wunderbar, Juergen.

NOW --- why not offer these great 4 cyl. cars here in the US?

Reply to
Ritter197