300D Engine Component

As I was extracting the glowplugs from my 1979 300D, I noticed a wire broken that is normally connected to one of two pin-type wire connectors that connect to some kind of plugs in the head. The two plugs are in the front half of the head, mounted in line slightly above the line of glow plugs. I can't find these components in the manual, because I cannot locate my digital Mercedes-Benz manuals at the moment.

Any clue as to what these are will be helpful, and also any suggestion on how to replace the broken pin connector, as it is a fairly heavy insulated copper wire, broken off inside the female part of the connector.

Reply to
randallbrink