300E Distributer, help, 1989

Well.... I just posted here beofre about my trip to the shop today and what the mechanic said. THe engine runs very very strong, i use mobile 1 every

5k....among other things.... I took the cap off today and it had some green salty residue on the metal points and the middle was black and some carbon on the rotor. I am going to order the cap and rotor. the wires ar eonly 1 yr old. Must I gwt the rotor adapter? It appears to be a small metal piece? Should a new cap and rotor make a difference in the car sperformance. Thjanks
Reply to
Chuckyg

The corrosion is normal part of cycle... if I were you, I'd grab some sandpaper and sand it down to brass... good as new.

MB rotors are not something we change annually... more like every 5 years.

Reply to
Tiger