300TE Transmission Question

I have a 88 300TE with about 148,000 miles on it. It had a rebuilt engine at about 110 and I bought it shortly thereafter. The trans was maintained from what I can see in the records. When it gets cold, however, here in Southern California

Reply to
Michael Roback

Normal. The transmission is designed to keep the engine's revs higher than normal during warm-up. That's done so the exhaust catalysts heat up quickly so they can scrub the then hydrocarbon rich exhaust.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach