81 300sd a/c working nicely! thanks all

well yesterday was the acid test... 115 degrees outside, running my wife around all afternoon and cool in the car!!! eng temp never went above 90-95 cent. and vent air was 45 degree f best, about 50+ worst. all on max, all the time. i used freeze 12, about 3 cans. i found out why i wasn't getting power to the a/c relay, it was the evap temp reg not closing. i jumpered it. seems ok, any downside to this action? anyway, thanks for all your help and patience with me. i have owned these cars for a long time but just retired and decided to do this stuff myself.. [with all your help, not a possibility otherwise] thanks again.. -gary

Reply to
zdilly/gary

Only downside I am aware of is that the switch is there to prevent the evap from becoming frozen during periods of low air flow with high humidity. If it was 115 where you live, this may not be a problem.

Reply to
trader4