95 SL320 running hot

Currently experiencing slight loss in power, fuel efficiency seems down and temperature is running substantially higher than what was normal a few months ago (100-110 C vs.90C). I checked the obvious, no coolant loss, everything appears ok under hood, no trouble codes, fan comes on at 110C, etc. Any clues what might be going on. A friend suggested that the catalytic converter might be causing this problem. If so is there a way to either confirm or rule it out?

Reply to
Peter W. Peternouschek

I agree with your friend... cat converter. However... cat converter does not go bad by itself... so there must be something wrong with your engine that cause the cat to go bad...

Before you do the cat, I suggest you change the thermostat first... and if that makes no difference then it is the above statement.

Reply to
Tiger