A Class steering problems

Dear ng,

I wonder if anyone has experience of this problem?

I have a 2 year old LWB A Class right hand drive. It's an old model. It's had several niggling problems despite having

Reply to
David Wynne

Probably front anti roll bar droplinks and rear springs.

See

for more info - it's a UK A class site and forum.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Have you checked the two front tie rods? They attatch to, and steer the wheels, and have ball joints at both ends that can wear out and cause this noise. Verrrrrry dangerous if these joints are loose, since your steering depends on them.

Reply to
coolmale48

David

Take a look at the 'BabyBenz' site you are not alone onthis one !

>>So I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so, what was the resolution? Dear ng,

Reply to
DaveS

Dear Dave,

Thanks for the response. To be honest, I sold the A class and bought a Honda Jazz.

The baby-benz site is very good; the driver experiences recounted therein are one of the reasons why I gave up on the A class. I briefly considered a new model A class but it's so expensive and may not be any better.

It's quite interesting to compare the contents of the MB and Honda newsgroups. MB is basically divided into 2 types of posting; owners of pre-1990 cars who're surprised that something's gone wrong for the first time and owners of post-90 cars who're struggling with a disinterested dealer and/or duff car. All Honda postings seem to be about really minor non-design/build problems. Ayway, I'm sure I'll have egg on my face in 12 months time!

Thanks again for the posting.

Reply to
David Wynne

David

I agree with you regarding MB dealers. We have a new A Class 160 CDI Classic with which we have had NO PROBLEMS since delivery. Also a 1998

250TDI C Class which had various problems on delivery. However it has proved extremely reliable subsequently (since it left the MB Service network!). The new A_class has proved to have better 'delivered quality' than my wife's previous car (Toyota), IMHO a much improved vehicle, we only hope that it will continue !.

Dave S

David Wynne wrote:

Reply to
David Sedgley