ABS-ESP/BAS Malfunction on a 2000 E430 4Matic

I own a 2000 E430 4Matic and the ABS and ESP/BAS malfunctiopn lamps came on and they won?t go off. Any ideas what the problem and solutuin may be?

Reply to
chickenman

We had that happened to our E320... they changed out a sensor but error still there... Then they changed the battery and everything is okay again.

Start up the car... if error pops up, then turn engine off... and start it up again... if error does not come back... most likely the battery.

Reply to
Tiger

archive:

I had exactly this problem with my car,it was to do with the motor stumbling at start up.If you disconnect the battery for an hour the main computer resets itself to factory defaults.Whenyou reconnect the problem should disappear.Let me know how you get on --Roger

Reply to
supergun

Howard