Behr O.E.M radiator for your Mercedes

You can get a brand new radiator for your Mercedes that is the exact same one the dealer would sell to you for $249! Carradiator.com sells them with the same one year warranty as the dealer or for $20 more, a lifetime warranty fromBehr! P.

Reply to
Peter Klein

Before I got into the MB karz, I never had heard of replacing a radiator and that is in 50 years of car owning! Sure am glad to have an MB!

mcbrue coolly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Maybe because none of your other cars ever lasted that long? I once bought a 15 year old Ford from my grandmother - it had 24,000 miles on it. When I blew a radiator hose the mechanic coudn't believe the car still had the original radiator. He said, "They design radiators so they won't last this long."

Reply to
Cossie

err.. yeh, it had 24,000 and not 240,000 on it, no?

Reply to
cp

Fill it with MB authorized coolant or say goodbye to that warranty. Zerex G05 is also approved. Spittle is a no-no unless you go with a Nissen.

-Mike Behr since 2003

Reply to
Mike "Rotor" Nowak

Depends on the model. Priced a 116 or god forbid 111 coupe rad lately?

12x are cheap though.
Reply to
Richard Sexton

Have driven amerikan kars over 120,000 miles and never had the problems the MBs have had. Of course there were the newer amerikan karz that lasted only till the warranty expried and then were dumped cause they spent a month a year in the shop! Looks like it has come full circle now and may be time to go back to Amerikan Karz ?!

mcbrue confusedly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Reply to
REInvestments

McBrue:

Go to the Chrysler dealer and drive a new Hemi powered 300 C Chrysler, and then tell us what you think. For about $35,000 it looks like you can have a large, comfortable, rear wheel drive American Hemi powered car again.

Regards, Larry

Reply to
REInvestments

Yes 24,000 - that's what I said. My point being that it was in extremely good shape for a 15 year old American car, yet the radiator still wasn't expected to last that long (in years) according to this mechanic.

Reply to
Cossie

yes but it did only go 24,000 miles in 15 years, a distance many people do in a year.

cp

Reply to
cp

Hey Larry under the Oak Tree - how is the Chrysler expected to last? And the next question regarding Chrysler is how long they will get propped up by the great Jerkin Shrimp's company. If Ole Jerkin pulls out, what will happen to Chrysler? And yes, I have already been thinking of the 300C. Gotta get time to go test it out.

mcbrue thinkingamerikanly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

What are you guys putting in your radiators? I have

170,000 miles on my Volvo's original radiator, 200,000 mi on my 928's radiator, and 40 years and god knows how many miles on the scout's (although I did have to solder a bit on it.)

Bernard, who would expect 100,000 min. from a radiator.

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

My first VW never needed a new radiator.

Reply to
John Anthony "Tony" Dickson

my 914 never needed one either.It might have helped the heater, though.

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

Chrysler's reputation for longevity and reliability in modern years hasn't been all that good, and this is a new model which is never good in the first year. On the other hand, I think they're doing 7 year 70,000 miles warrantiies, and I don't think Chrysler is going under. I think it depends on if you like the car. I'd be intererested in reading your test ride results.

Reply to
REInvestments

True, but it still had coolant sitting in it all those years. And don't forget - I was just replacing a blown hose. The radiator itself never did give me any problems and I sold the car years later with about 75k miles on it.

Reply to
Cossie

I've only replaced one radiator in all my cars, the 83 300SD. After

180K miles (that I put on it, I got it at 180K) road salt had corroded the outside sobadly I was surprised the MB coolant stayed inside. I should get the 280Se rad rodded; 35 years of non MB coolant has taken its toll and it gets warm on summer days when stuck in traffic.
Reply to
Richard Sexton