Can anyone help w/ a motor question?

I purchased a 1990 190E 2.6 I6 several months ago for back and forth transportation. I have recently noticed that what seems to be a lot of condensation is left on the driveway when I leave the car idoling. Is this typical or do I have a problem? I?m no motor expert but is it possible that my head gasket or the head itself is bad? There is no oily residue or odor in the condensation....Thanks for any help..

Reply to
acopper123

Where does the condensation collect....under the exhaust tailpipe? Under the radiator? Under the engine? Under the A/C drain tube?

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Ernie Sparks

LOL!

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I guess more info would have helped.... The condensation does collect under the exhaust tailpipe; there is also a unique (to me) hissing sound which comes from what I presume to be somewhere in the tailpipe. The sound is consistent and does not seem like a leak. Could they be related or are these things just normal?

Reply to
acopper123

bad CAT get under car and hit it with your hand and see if it sounds like there is something in it.

water at the end of the tail pipe is normal

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

Reply to