DaimlerChrysler to sell Chrysler to GM?

Based upon DC sources German "Manager Magazin" reports that talks are between DC and GM about the sale of loss-making Chrysler to GM. The talks would be in a very early stage but would advance under high pressure. DC CEO Zetsche refused to give any comment on a press conferenece today.

(freely translated from German by me)

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen.

I get the impression that this thought brings joy to many in Germany.....

. .
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

And in dealerships where they have to sell both brands, Chrysler being based on designs mercedes replaced because they were not good enough. Its a difficult proposition to sell to customers.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

I have not seen such a dealership, though in Germany I saw one where the Chrysler showroom is almost adjacent.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Hello Jay.

Long time no see.