defrost versus a/c vents - euro 500sel

I just replaced the climate control unit in my 1985 500sel with a 'good' used one. I noticed that in every position, most of the airflow comes out of the defrost, with small amount coming out of ac vents. My wife drove this car most of the time, so I don't know if this is normal or is there a problem. Anyone with insight on this??

Reply to
jb

Nope... not normal. The most likely cause is bad vacuum actuator for the defrost vent. Easy to replace... just pull out the glovebox and it is located right next to the center dash. Easy fix.

Reply to
Tiger

thanks tiger, will check it out tomorrow.

Reply to
jb

Just to remind you... you have to take out those double locking plastic anchors before the box will come out.

Reply to
Tiger