Dexcool coolant warning

After learning that silicates (powdered quartz) in coolant kill Honda bike waterpumps, I have been running Dexcool in all my vehicles, not wanting to
spend $30 for Hondaline pre-mix once a year. I didn't think too much about it when my VW diesel blew a headgasket last fall with less that .0015 In. warpage. I have been running Dexcool in my Goldwing for 3 years, and it blew a headgasket last month. I found less than .001 In. warpage and the gaskets where they were free-standing in coolant had all the material either gone or blistered up badly. A short Google turns out that lots of people have had similar problems. I changed the coolant in the other 6 vehicles.
--
Stupendous Man,
Dexcool is a bad product. Even with dexcool, you have to change the coolant once in a while. The biggest problem with american coolant is the ph buffer... it is not really a buffer but more like alkaline rich coolant that let counteract acid.

I wasn't going to get into that can of worms, but MB's break in oil came from Ashland, Kentucky, as did a lot of other "house brand" oils. I believe that there is only one oil company there. Pretty much like oil, any coolants meeting the same specs *should* be identicle.
--
Stupendous Man,
You are talking about the Valvoline G-05... again, this is specific coolant that is made the same way as MB coolant... not generic green or orange coolant...

Ok maybe the Valvoline IS the MB coolant?
It is possible Valvoline made them for MB in USA.
The MB branded coolant you buy from a MB dealer in the USA is made by Texaco.

http://articles.mbz.org/cooling/coolant /

The maker of the Dexcool I used.
--
Stupendous Man,
Then again... Dexcool is GM specification.. not MB.