FACTS TO CONSIDER WHEN PURCHASING A MERCEDES

Many successful people desire a luxury automobile. The motives behind the purchase of a luxury automobile vary from individual-to-individual. Undoubtedly, PRESTIGE, and impressing people are high on the motive list.

For people considering the purchase of a Mercedes, I think you should be informed about the possible negatives of owning a Mercedes:

(1) Don't expect other drivers to be courteous to you. I view a Mercedes driver as flaunting his wealth, and a very, very sizeable percentage of other motors likewise hold similar views.

(2) Do not cut-in while driving. A Mercedes driver may get the best table at a fancy restaurant because of his wealth and connections; but don't expect your, "I'M NUMBER ONE, AND I'M MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU, SO I'M GOING TO CUT-IN IN FROM OF YOU IN TRAFFIC," to win you many friends and favorable responses.

(3) Expect to pay a small fortune, at your local Mercedes dealer for parts and labour. Don't ask costs and fees because that is untypical Mercedes operating procedure. Don't wince an eye if an oil change is $500.

(4) Don't expect other people to be turning heads at you with envious eyes, just because you are driving a Mercedes. I, in fact, intentionally look the other way.

(5) Plan on seeing a psychiatrist to cleanse the mind of repeated, constant thoughts of people dying of starvation in third world countries while you have spent $50,000 and up on perceived prestige. The task will be difficult, but greed and materialism will win out in the end.

To present, and future Mercedes owners: ENJOY. May you be re-incarnated to Bangladesh.

Reply to
Carlton Prestwicke

snip apperent envy. I think that you may well be wrong on most if not all counts. Speaking for myself (cheap as I am) I truly believe that MB has _saved_ me money in the long run. Buy second hand (not too old) and buy carefully. It will be worth your time and money. Do reconsider... my neighbour, for example, bought a Ford the same time I bought a 300e, the latter is still near perfect (essentially no repairs needed) the former is a pile of rust. The initial investment was about the same..... you were saying???

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

He wanted to inform you that neigbour might not like you;-)

Reply to
Roland Franzius

take your own advice!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not included, reply via the newsgroups or ask for a valid email address.

Reply to
127.0.0.1

Josef was a very poor woodcutter. One day he was in the forest and a genie appeared. As genies often do the wizard offered Josef one wish. Josef asked for a healthy cow. When Josef arrived home there was a healthy cow in his yard. His neighbor Carlton asked him how he came by his good fortune and Josef told him what had happened. The nest day Carlton went to the same place in the forest and again the genie appeared. The genie said that he would grant Carlton one wish. Without hesitating the man said. "Kill Josef's cow".

Reply to
hnelson

Roland, on that _one_ point he may well be correct. for some reason MB's seem to be considered the 'car of the rich' even if it's old and cost a fraction of a somewhat newer cavalier...... go figure.

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Guenter,

Apparently you are not aware that Mercedes is in a present state of free fall.

Mercedes is in the midst of a quality melt-down, and a financial crisis. Mercedes quality is lacking. Most car magazines are aware of the quality problems. Potential MB owners are considering Japanese rivals in serious numbers.

The smaller MB SUV is a pile of crap, and Mercedes continues to hatch them out. The lack of quality is well-documented.

Reply to
t. myers

Tell me about it - I drive a '66 Rolls-Royce I bought on eBay for around 7 thousand dollars

I never hear the endof it, especially from my boss, who drives an E320 he bought new for 5or 6 times as much. Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

Hey Carlton, Fred's been jerking off in another thread saying the same thing. Perhaps you two can meet at the Salvation Army shelter and share a bottle of cough syrup.

Reply to
Jerry McGeorge

Wow, thanks for the post dude! I love hearing from people like you, since I usually never would associate with you in the 'real world'. I hope you enjoy that fine trailer you're livin in, that Busch Light in your hand right now, and that Chevy Cavalier parked in the front yard (next to of course the previous Cavalier on blocks!)

Did I put that into perspective for you? And, more importantly, did I live up to the sterotype you think of? If not, I'll try again.

What a tool.

chad SLK230 owner and damn happy with it

Reply to
chad

why shucks! my neibors luvs me cause we alwuys gits together fer them parties down here ta tha trailer park. An they is a bunch of em in tha big ole bak seat partyin on durn near all tha time!

mcbrue partyingly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

Big Snip 8<

Gentlemen, please don't feed the trolls, it just encourages them.

DD

Reply to
Stratman

LOL! That was funny.

Reply to
Saintor

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (t. myers) wrote in news:7395-3FB96585-451 @storefull-2311.public.lawson.webtv.net:

Your obviously refering to the ML Class. The problems all seem to stem from incompetent service! I personally know over a dozen ML owners (including family members) who's vehicles have been 100% reliable with ZERO problems! They have a great dealer with a competent service department.

As a side note, not all Mercedes owners own modern "WIZ BANG" vehicles with Mercedes emblems tacked to them!;o)

Reply to
George Mann