Help ..........300 E 24 valve

G'day All,
I have a 1990 300e 24 valve model Benz.
Just had the vale guide seals replaced and the mechanic hit a snag.
He tells me that the thread on a pulley in the timing gear
is stripped.
It is a left hand thread.
To repair this he has to get a M10 X 1.5 Recoil kit, which has an over size tap to put in the recoil, which then has the same diameter as the stripped thread.
A different company provides the tap to the recoil company and is messing them around.
I can buy a tap elsewhere but I don't know what size the tap needs to be for the recoil to fit in ???
Any ideas ????
Neil
Australia

Replace the stripped gear?
I think your mechanic should take responsibility for this also...
Usually these type of recoil (helicoil) kits use a special tap....
Marty