K&N filter for a 1988 300TE + other bits

I've got a 1988 300TE 12v estate and I'm looking to alter it a bit.

This is after there was a major fault - the engine would suddenly lose power and when the accelerator was pushed it would just produce smoke. This was traced to a faulty temperature sender unit (thanks Sewells of Leeds - UK for tracing it).

Now I'm planning to fit a K&N air filter. Anyone tried this or their induction kit?

Also, I want to add an engine booster (aka Slick 50 or better). Can anyone recommend one?

Any other advice for uprating the power a bit?

Thanks

David

Reply to
David Lane

Ask yourself why M-B didn't install a K&N filter?

Hint: They're a waste of money.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach